Terms of Booking and Payment
Booking and payment
When you make your booking you must pay a minimum deposit of 25% per person.
The balance of the price of the Tour must be paid at least 60 days before your departure date. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your Tour. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. You can pay deposit and balance by bank transfer. When we receive the deposit we confirm your booking, normally within 48 hours, but maximum 120 hours.
Where a deposit is paid, the balance of the Tour (including any surcharge where applicable) is due not less than 60 days prior to scheduled commencement of the Tour.
If the balance is not received in full and on time, Ecotours - Worldwide Travel will be entitled to treat the booking as cancelled and retain all deposits paid or due at that date.
The key terms of your agreement are:-
- When you book a Tour, you will enter into a binding travel contract and a confirmation will be issued. If you then cancel your arrangements, you will be required to pay cancellation charges. Initially this will be the deposit you paid to secure your Tour, but after you’ve paid the balance of the price of your Tour, these charges will increase up to 100% of the cost of the Tour depending on how long before travel you cancel your arrangements;
- You can make changes to your confirmed Tour in certain circumstances. We will make a reasonable charge for processing these changes;
- If we make changes to and cancel your confirmed Tour we will pay you compensation in certain circumstances;
- We are responsible for making sure your confirmed Tour are not performed negligently;
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by You
If you wish to make any changes to your Tour after they have been confirmed (including if you wish to cancel all or some of them) you must inform us in writing (by email). Your notice requesting a change or cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us and will be effective from the date on which we receive it. We can’t guarantee that changes can be met, although we will do our best to assist. Since we incur costs in cancelling or changing your arrangements, all such changes and cancellations will be subject to the charges set out below.
The cancellation policy issued by Ecotours - Worldwide Travel is authoritative and it is important that you read carefully and in full the policies upon receipt within 48 hours.
For any bookings the following policy will apply:
- Notice of cancellation more than 60 days prior to the Tour start date, a termination fee equal to the Deposit amount paid will forfeited.
- Notice of cancellation between 60-30 days prior to the Tour start date, a termination fee of 50% of the total Tour costs will be forfeited.
- Notice of cancellation less than 30 days prior to the Tour start date, a termination fee of 100% of the Tour costs will be forfeited.
You also have the right to terminate the travel contract without paying a termination fee if unavoidable or if extraordinary circumstances occur at the place of destination or within its immediate vicinity which significantly affect the performance of the Tour or the carriage of passengers to the destination.
Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances are defined as a situation beyond the control of the Tour Operator, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples given include warfare, other serious security problems such as terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of a serious disease at the travel destination, or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the destination agreed in the travel contract.
Any refund required will only be made to your bank account, when the booking was processed, and repayment may take up to 14 working days.
If you have booked a package and if any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else (introduced by you and satisfying all the conditions applicable to the arrangements, including an agreement to these terms) providing we are notified in writing no less than seven days before departure you must pay an amendment fee and meet all costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by us. Both you and the person to whom you would like to transfer your arrangements shall be jointly and severally liable for the payment of any balance due and for any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out above will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
Cancellation by Us
Occasionally, we have to make a significant change to the Tour and we reserve the right to do so. A significant change is one where we significantly alter any of the main characteristics of your confirmed Tour. Examples of significant changes include the following changes when made before departure: –
- where we can no longer fulfil any special requirements that we have accepted and confirmed on our confirmation and this will have a significant impact on your Tour.
- where we increase the price of your tour by more than 8% of the price originally advertised (excluding any insurance premiums, amendment charges and/or additional services).
If we have to make a significant change or cancel before departure and before the date on which the final balance of the cost of your tour is due, we will inform you without undue delay and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:-
i (for significant changes) agreeing to the changed arrangements,
ii accepting the cancellation or terminating the contract for the Tour and receiving a refund (without undue delay) of all monies paid; or
iii accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available.
In the event that any proposed change or alternative(s) offered results in a reduction or increase in the price you have agreed to pay or an increase or decrease in the quality of arrangements we have agreed to provide, we will also notify you of any price reduction or additional amount due.
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If you fail to do so, we will contact you again, re-iterating the above choices and sums payable or refundable and if you again fail to respond within 7 days, we may terminate the contract and refund all payments made by you without undue delay.
If we have already commenced a Tour and is forced to stop the execution of the Tour before its end due to circumstances beyond the control of us hindering us in carrying out the Tour in full. We shall be entitled to cancel the Tour and will also be entitled to compensation on a pro-rata basis for the time already spent carrying out the Tour with you.
In some cases we state a minimum number of participants that are required for the Tour to take place. For us to be able to terminate the Tour on this ground, the minimum number must be clearly stated at the time of booking the Tour and we must notify you of termination within the period fixed in the travel contract. In any event this should be no later than;
- 20 days before the start of the package for trips lasting more than 6 days;
- 7 days for trips lasting between 2 and 6 days;
For communication of a cancellation notice, please inform us within 24 hours and in writing. Only notices communicated in the manner advised shall be valid, unless we accept another form of notice.
Please note that we give Land Only Prices which are on the basis of two people sharing. Single rooms maybe available on selected Tours and an additional single supplement charge incurred where single rooms are made available.
Please cover all bank transfer fees so we can receive the charged fees without deductions.